The Sports Performance Center at CMC
World-Class Athletic Fitness and Conditioning Center in New York, NY
Whether you’re an elite athlete or fitness novice, CMC’s Sports Performance Center can help you optimize your athletic performance and help you achieve your health and fitness goals through a customized training and conditioning program. Our team consists of certified clinical exercise physiologists, sports nutritionists and sports psychologists who collaborate with physicians to provide a unique multidisciplinary approach. These specialists will thoroughly evaluate your cardiovascular fitness, strength, flexibility and body composition and provide fitness recommendations.
The Sports Performance Center also offers a seamless transition from rehabilitation to higher-level training for patients who have completed physical therapy or occupational therapy and want to build on the improvements they’ve made.
Customized Performance Programs and Services
Our specialists evaluate cardiovascular fitness, strength, flexibility and body composition to provide tailored fitness and/or sports-specific recommendations. Personalized, one-on-one programs include:
- Personal training to optimize cardiovascular and musculoskeletal health and reduce risk of injury.
- Sport-specific training to maximize performance in sports such as golf, running, cycling, triathlons, swimming, baseball, tennis, and others.
- Video motion analysis to analyze the biomechanics of a client’s sports technique and provide recommendations for improvement.
- Sport-specific training for elite athletes, to reach their full potential.
- Team sports packages, including pre-season and post-season testing and injury-prevention programs.
- Metabolic and power output testing, including submaximal cardiovascular testing, VO2 Max, lactate profile, resting metabolic rate, Wingate Anaerobic Power Test and the Vertical Jump Test.
- Sports nutrition counseling and sports psychology services.
State-of-the-art Facility and Equipment
The cornerstone of the Sports Performance Center is CMC’s 7,200-square-foot therapy gym, where the Performance Center is housed. This world-class facility offers equipment not available at any other center in New York City, including:
- The Alter-G anti-gravity treadmill, incorporating the same technology NASA uses to train its astronauts, to “unweight” individuals to reduce impact on lower extremities following injuries or during training
- Parvo Medics Tru One metabolic testing equipment, the same equipment used at US Olympic Training Centers, including the Lode Excalibur Sport TM cycling ergometer.
- K-vest, a real-time golf video analysis system that helps golfers improve their swing and prevent injury by comparing 3D data to the world’s best PGA, LPGA and Championship Tour players
- Dartfish Video Motion Software applies biomechanical analysis to help athletes improve their technique
- Woodway, a high-performance treadmill that increases shock absorption for runners and triathletes
- Vasa Swim Ergometer for conditioning of swimmers and triathletes
- Shuttle MVP Pro plyometric trainer for those returning to higher-level sports
To Reach The Sports Performance Center
Make an appointment or learn more about the Sports Performance Center by calling 646-501-7077 FREE or e-mailing .
Physician referrals are not required for the Sports Performance Center. Please call for more information on fees.